Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) is the National Tourism Organization of the Republic of Korea, with offices located worldwide to promote and boost tourism to Korea, so as to make it one of the top destinations in the world.
The KTO Singapore Office is looking for enthusiastic and hardworking individual for the following position:
Korea Tourism Organization Marketing Manager
1-year contract (including 2-months probation) | S$4,200 (commensurate with experience)
As a Korea Tourism Organization Marketing Manager, Your key responsibilities on the job include :
1. Public Relations / Media
- Offline and Online (ex. bloggers) Media
- Contact point for media relations
- Press Tour – Select and invite media, contact point for media throughout. Follow up with media upon return from trip to ensure publicity from trip.
- Decide storyline for bi- weekly press releases
- Answer all media enquiries in a written and dated format
- Track published PR articles generated by us, calculate ad value and update into TMS (calculation and uploading done by Tourism Officer)
- Local film production in Korea – Go through all proposals and provide recommendation on KTO’s level of participation. Contact point for production crew throughout.
- To maintain and ensure cordial relationship with all media
- Solicit free tourism publicity
2. Trade / Airlines
- Contact point for trade with regards to advertising and promotions
- Decide storyline for bi-weekly trade releases
- Regular contact with product planners and marketing managers to explore new opportunities to promote Korea.
- Execute and follow through advertising subsidy campaigns including campaign completion reporting and documentation.
- Arrange regular meetings with top agents
- Monitor travel agents product offer/pricing through press ads and usage of logos
- Monitor competitor destinations product offer/pricing.
- Manage NATAS or other ad hoc consumer travel fairs
- Encourage travel trade to improve itineraries through adding new festivals/events/destinations
- Invite and arrange travel agents for FAM trips
- Arrange and execute presentations to trade.
- Monthly sales forecast.
- Solicit new travel agency partners.
- To maintain and ensure cordial relationship with all trade partners (travel agencies and airlines).
3. Advertising & Promotions
- GIT Event and special interest (e festival, farm stay) execution and promotion
- Offline (newspaper, print), Online (SNS, online portals), Outdoor (MRT station etc) advertising planning, execution and reporting.
- Maintain constant update with various advertising mediums.
- Manage and upload information to KTO Singapore Facebook account.
- Recommend right advertising platform.
- Work with GM or Manager to develop and execute promotions with business partners.
4. Business Development
- Co-work with Singapore official partners. e STB, NATAS, etc
- Solicit business opportunities with 3rd parties to promote Korea e Working with event companies to promote K-pop concerts, non-verbal performances, Korea Festival, etc
- Ensure KTO’s brand is visible in the event collateral.
- Co-promote event with 3rd party (EDM, Facebook etc)
- Participate in the event; if necessary
- Ad-hoc tourism research work
- Arrange ad-hoc business appointments between visitors from Korea (HQ, Province) to Singapore tourism bodies
- Other ad-hoc duties (assisting Director, General Manager and Manager).
Applicants should possess at least the following requirements:
- Diploma in tourism or any related fields
- At least 5 years experience in Tourism fields
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Basic skill in conversational and written Korean would be an added advantage
- Service-oriented, quick learner, team player, IT-savvy
- Knowledge of Tourism Industry in Korea would be an added advantage
- Able to commence employment in October 2019
Recontract opportunities are available based on assessment after 1 year.