Amadeus has launched a new enhanced version of its flagship Web Services solution called Amadeus Travel API, which integrates with travel agencies’ existing systems and allows agents to build their own customised travel booking applications.
Set to be rolled out globally on a gradual basis, this NDC-enabled solution – co-designed with Travix, a driver customer of Amadeus’ NDC [X] programme – will give travel agencies worldwide access to new content and fares from Amadeus’ airline driver customers via an NDC connectivity.
In addition, the solution will offer greater functionality for Amadeus’ travel agency customers in the following ways:
Access to new airline content and fares via an NDC connectivity, alongside content from traditional technology such as EDIFACT, and other APIs. NDC is an integral part of the Amadeus Travel Platform – a platform which brings together all travel content from multiple sources in one place.
- Simplified workflow of shop, order, pay, ensuring a smoother experience which mirrors the consumer journey.
- Cross-sell of ancillary services and up-sell of branded fares.
- Change and cancellation functionalities to include refund, void or exchange options.
- Acceptance of both credit card and cash payments with integrated reconciliation to mid and back office technology, ensuring NDC bookings are fully integrated in the down-stream processes of agencies.
- Optimised to work across multiple interfaces so customers have the flexibility to start a booking on a mobile device and can choose to finish the booking on a desktop, or vice-versa.
Some early adopters include AERTiCKET, American Express Global Business Travel, BCD Travel, House of Travel, and TUI.
In the coming months, Amadeus will also be launching the NDC-enabled version of its leading cloud-based travel agency solution, Amadeus Selling Platform Connect.