Tan Kok Liang of Borneo Trails Tours & Travel was re-elected as the president of the Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents (MATTA) for the second consecutive term (2019 – 2021), following the association’s 44th annual general meeting on July 13.
Tan has voiced his intention to continue his work in creating more opportunities and fighting for better regulatory and business conditions for MATTA members. This will involve leveraging technology to help members maintain a competitive edge in an increasingly disruptive business environment.
Priorities for the next two years include development of the MATTA Tourism Industry Distribution and Booking Platform, leveraging e-hailing platforms, collaborating with Petronas for members incentives and combating illegal travel agents in collaboration with Radio Televisyen Malaysia.
The newly elected executive council for the 2019-2021 term will be stepping up engagement with all major industry principals and stakeholders at both national and state level to up-scale the standard and delivery of travel and tourism services in Malaysia.
Council members include:
- Deputy president – Akil Bin Mohd Yusof (Triways Travel Centre)
- Honorary treasurer – Mohammad Faeez Bin Mohamad Fadhlilah (Tripfez Travel)
- Vice president inbound & domestic – Jimmy Thoo Choy (Pearl Holiday (M) Travel & Tour)
- Vice president outbound – Cynthia Tan Bee Sim (Roystar Travel & Tour)
- Vice president air transportation – Shazli Affuat Bin Ghazali (Legend Vacations)
- Vice president land rransportation – Subramanian A/L Kandasamy (SC Southern Tours & Travel)
- Vice president Umrah & Hajj – Azri Bin Abd Razak (Al-Hijjrah Vacation)
- Vice president education & training – Kong Chun Yen Christina (Sensational Holidays (Borneo))
- Vice president research & technology – Mohd Hizzat Bin Mohd Shah (Al Furqan Travel & Tours)
- Kedah/Perlis chapter chairman – Mohd Yusin Bin Mohd Yatim (Tropical Charter)
- Perak chapter chairman – Chong Yu Ken (Global Net Travel)
- Selangor chapter chairman – Gopalan Mariappan (Sanubary Travel)
- KL chapter chairman – Rocky Kho Kwang Peow (Skyzone Tours and Travel)
- KL deputy chapter chairman – Eng Kin Hoong (Mi Escapade)
- Negeri Sembilan chapter chairman – Lee Fook Moi (Mewah Travel Services)
- Melaka chapter chairman – Madelina Kuah Wey Lee (Kenzar Travel & Tours)
- Johor chapter chairman – Kenny Ngi Chin Soon (CK Vacation)
- Kelantan chapter chairman – Rosdi Bin Ibrahim (Doremi Travel & Tours)
- Terengganu chapter chairman – Roslan Bin Idris (Alam Travel & Tours)
- Pahang chapter chairman – Jazmawar Binti Jaffar (JAZ Holiday Services)
- Sarawak chapter chairman – Lina Tsen Pei Tsin (Ibanika Tours & Travel)
- Sabah/Labuan chapter chairman – Lawrence Chin Choon Leong (Tabin Wildlife Holidays)
- Penang chapter chairman – Vergis Mathews VV Mathew (Eco-Coach & Tours)
- MATTA CEO – Phua Tai Neng