Philippines inbound arrivals breach 3M mark

The Philippines has reached its three million international visitor arrivals mark as of July 19, as reported by the Department of Tourism (DoT) on Wednesday.

The latest data from DoT recorded a total of 3,000,079 international visitor arrivals from January 1 to July 19 this year.

From January 1 to July 19, the Philippines saw over three million international visitor arrivals; Manila Bay, pictured

Of the figures, 91.36 per cent are foreign tourists, while the remaining 8.64 per cent are Filipinos living overseas.

The top five source markets of foreign arrivals to the Philippines are from South Korea, the US, Australia, Japan and Canada. Other international visitors hailed from China, Taiwan, the UK, Singapore and Malaysia.

In addition, the country’s inbound tourism receipts from January 1 to June 30 reached 502.02 per cent higher than the tourism revenue generated from the same period last year.

“Tourism provides employment and livelihood to millions of Filipinos. We are grateful for the renewed interest worldwide in the Philippines which offers a multitude of reasons to love travel across our islands,” said tourism secretary Christina Garcia Frasco.

Sponsored Post