InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has signed 10 new deals under seven of its brands in western China.
The 10 hotels will sit under the InterContinental, Hualuxe, Crown Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Even and Holiday Inn brands, spanning the luxury, upscale and midscale segments.
Jolyon Bulley, CEO, IHG Greater China, commented that the signings are a reflection of the group’s “confidence and commitment to both the west and the entire Chinese market”.
The list of new properties includes:
- InterContinental Chengdu Shawan, the third InterContinental hotel in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, will be located adjacent to a number of shopping malls within walking distance to the district government.
- Hualuxe Guiyang Financial City will be located in the emerging northern Guiyang Financial City. Hualuxe Hotels & Resorts is the first-ever upscale international hotel brand designed specifically for Chinese consumers.
- Crowne Plaza Mianyang High-Tech Zone will be situated on the main road of Mianyang City in Sichuan Province, known as the “Silicon Valley in Western China”. The hotel will be surrounded by international and local high-tech enterprises.
- Hotel Indigo Puzhehei will be the first international branded hotel in the Puzhehei Scenic Area in Yunnan Province.
- Hotel Indigo Jiuzhai will sit close to the entrance of Zhongzha Valley, west of the Jiuzhaigou Natural Reserve in Sichuan Province.
- Even Hotel Chongqing Central Park will be located in Yubei District of Chongqing Province next to the Central Park. The hotel will boast convenient access to the Chongqing International Expo Centre, iconic city landmarks as well as Chongqing International Airport. The Even brand was first introduced to the Chinese market in October 2017.
- Even Hotel Xi’an High-Tech Zone will take a prime location in the High-Tech Development Zone in Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, surrounded by Fortune 500 companies. The hotel will be located on the 32nd to 38th floors of a 200m-tall building.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Lanzhou Centre is situated in Lanzhou Centre, a building in Lanzhou, Gansu Province. Lanzhou West Railway Station and Lanzhou Metro Line 1 (to be completed in December 2018) will both be within walking distance. It will also be the first extended-stay hotel in the city.
- Holiday Inn Express Guilin High-Tech Zone will be located in the heart of the High-Tech Zone of Guilin, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
- Holiday Inn Express Meishan Dongpo in Meishan, Sichuan Province, will sit on higher floors of the landmark Chunxi Square. This project is signed under the Franchise Plus model that IHG tailored for its Holiday Inn Express brand in China, which will see IHG providing owners with more flexibility while assigning a general manager to the hotel.
IHG currently operates more than 330 hotels, over 100,000 rooms under a total of nine brands in Greater China. In IHG’s 2018 first quarter trading update, Greater China achieved another exceptional quarter with market leading RevPAR increase of 11 per cent, the company stated in a press release.