The fifth edition of the Digital Travel APAC, which will see the gathering of some of the world’s most innovative and disruptive travel companies, will be held from April 20-22, 2020 at the Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore.
E-commerce, digital marketing and customer experience leaders from Asia’s top travel businesses will converge at Digital Travel APAC 2020 to share their views on this emerging demographic of travellers.
Already, forward-looking travel businesses are changing their strategy when interacting with today’s increasingly tech-savvy travellers.
Multi-device, mobile messaging platforms such as WhatsApp, WeChat and Facebook Messenger are a key tool in enriching the consumer experience.
From pre-sale enquires to flight reminders and chat assistance during their trip, agencies staying connected to their customers leads to higher satisfaction levels.
The SITA, 2025: Air Travel for a Digital Age report shows that 68 per cent of all passengers will be digital travellers by 2025, and will expect to manage their travel in much the same way they do every other aspect of their daily lives – using their mobile phones.
Digital Travel APAC will further explore the industry drivers of tomorrow’s travel business in an interactive two-and-a-half-day conference.
Key topics of discussions include:
- Perfecting Personalisation – How to deliver a single view of the customer and real-time data access to deliver a hyper-personalised experience
- Data-driven personalisation – What are the people, processes and technology requirements for rolling out a practical strategy that delivers on the customers’ individual needs from the get go?
- How to understand customer needs to deliver personalised travel solutions in multiple markets
The discussions will be led by an advisory board comprising Cheryl Goh, group vice president of marketing, Grab; Jerome Thil, vice president of digital innovation, Singapore Airlines; Ronald Dalderup, vice president of innovation, Shangri-La; Nandor Locher, head of digital direct, Qantas; Akira Mitsumasu, vice president of global marketing, Japan Airlines; Andrew Cefai, senior director, marketing & e-commerce Asia-Pacific, Hilton; Piotr Jakubowski, ex-chief marketing officer, Go-Jek; and Vikas Bhola, regional director, South Asia-Pacific, Booking.com.
2020 will also see the travel event hold new formats for deeper engagement and discussions:
- “How to” roundtables – A highly interactive small group format that allows participants to choose their desired topics while enjoying a glass of champagne.
- Country Clinics – Deep diving into upcoming markets like Vietnam, India, Indonesia, China
- Shark Tank – Identifying “the next best thing” in travel tech
Further information about event can be viewed here.
Readers of TTG are entitled to a 20 per cent discount to attend Digital Travel APAC 2020; simply quote ‘DTA20_TTG’ on checkout or email to email@example.com.