TOURISM Queensland yesterday revealed the final 20 companies still competing in its Million Dollar Memo challenge (TTG Asia e-Daily, March 18).
The marketing initiative has so far generated 779,000 visits and 2.7 million page views for the official campaign website, as well as an estimated A$12 million (US$12.9 million) worth of publicity for Queensland’s tourism industry.
Tourism Queensland CEO, Anthony Hayes, said competitors had “undertaken an impressive amount of creative promotional activity to support their entries”, which had “in effect been fantastic mini-campaigns” and helped Tourism Queensland achieve its aim of promoting the state as an incentive travel destination.
Campaign information has been distributed via numerous channels including company websites, intranets, Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, email signatures, direct mails to customer and supplier databases, on hold messages, cinemas advertisements, outdoor billboards, and even online banner ads.
“We estimate the campaign message has reached an audience of around five million people, including the entrants’ personal contacts, business networks, customers and suppliers. The marketing activity undertaken by these companies is worth an approximate media value of A$6 million,” said Hayes.
Hayes said further international interest in the campaign would be generated when one representative from each finalist participates in the eight-day Incentive Challenge Event in August. “The final stage of the campaign is a prime opportunity for us to showcase key Queensland incentive experiences, destinations and products to a world-wide audience,” he said.
The winner of the top prize of A$1 million (US$1.07 million) in Queensland incentive travel experiences will be announced on August 31.