Chinese OTA sees high-end bookings on the rise

MYALN.COM, an OTA based in Shanghai and specialising in luxury travel packages for the Chinese leisure market, has registered a five-fold increase in business compared to a year ago.

Frank Lin, CEO,, said: “We handle tens of thousands of FITs each month, 60 per cent of whom travel within China, with the other 40 per cent headed to destinations such as Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam and Cambodia.”

Participating at ITB Asia last week as a buyer, Lin told TTG Asia e-Daily he was keen to expand his product portfolio by adding upscale leisure packages and luxury hotels in key destinations.

“The average budget of our outbound clients is US$700-800 per pax excluding airfare, while their length of stay ranges from three nights to a week,” he said.

According to Lin, high-end Chinese travellers are starting to favour destinations in the Middle East and Polynesia, with Dubai and Hawaii top of their lists.

Lin added that they were especially interested in Western culture, shopping, and any location that was “Chinese-friendly”.

Sponsored Post