Corporate groups and meetings staying at least two consecutive nights in Seoul and at least 100 total nights altogether may be able to qualify for Seoul’s recently-launched experience programme support.
The programme offers five choices:
1. Walking on the upcoming urban sky park of Seoullo 7017
2. Bicycle riding on the Han River
3. Trekking on the Seoul City Wall
4. Traditional culture programmes such as hanbok wearing, traditional instrument lessons, etc, offered by a Seoul MICE Alliance organisation
5. K-Pop dance lesson and makeover
In addition to the five programmes, interested groups can also propose an experience programme through a local travel agency for consideration of support, as well as obtain financial subsidies and discounts from Seoul.
Jae Yong Kim, director of Seoul’s tourism policy division, said: “Hallyu and (the) overall interest in Korean culture (continues) to attract visitors to Seoul, particularly from South-east Asia which makes up 35 per cent of inbound corporate and incentive groups. Seoul will continue to develop unique experience programmes for them to ensure their time is memorable.”
Interested groups can contact Steve Kwak at the Seoul Convention Bureau at email@example.com.