Soneva has partnered the Michelin Guide for 20 dinner events to be hosted at its resorts in the Maldives and Thailand.
The dinners, which run from August 2018 until mid 2019, are part of Soneva’s Festival of Colour, which feature events and activities led by visiting experts, including chefs, explorers, free-divers, astronauts, astronomers, authors, wellness experts, wine producers and sake experts.
More than 30 chefs are confirmed to host dinner events at Soneva properties in 2018 and 2019, most of which have originated from restaurants that have received Michelin stars.
This will be the first time that the Michelin Guide has done any kind of event in the Maldives.
Soneva and the Michelin Guide will jointly promote the following chef events, most of which feature chefs from restaurants worldwide with two or three Michelin stars:
- Kiko Moya, from two-star Spanish restaurant L’Escaletta, at Soneva Fushi between August 26 – 31, 2018
- Gert de Mangeleer, from three-star Belgium restaurant Hertog Jan, at Soneva Fushi from October 7 – 12, 2018
- Bruno Oger, from two-star French restaurant La Villa Archange, at Soneva Fushi from October 15 – 21, 2018
- Pere Planaguma, from two-star Spanish restaurant Les Cols, at Soneva Fushi from November 25 – December 2, 2018
- Tim Raue, from two-star German Restaurant Tim Raue, at Soneva Fushi from December 5 – 14, 2018
- Ronan Kevarrec, from two-star French restaurant La Table de Plaisance, at Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani from December 22 – January 04, 2019
- Tom Aikens, from two-star UK restaurant Toms Kitchen, at Soneva Fushi from February 14 – 17, 2019
- Guillaume Bracaval, from two-star French restaurant Michel Troisgros, at Soneva Fushi from March 4 – 9, 2019
- Maxime Meilleur, from three-star French restaurant La Bouitte, at Soneva Fushi from October 6 – 11, 2019
- Yoann Conte, from two-star French restaurant Bord du Lac, at Soneva Fushi from November 5 – 12, 2019
More chef events will be announced soon.
“Gastronomy is now one of the most important factors when deciding where to stay, especially in the luxury travel segment when ‘good food’ is no longer enough,” commented Sonu Shivdasani, Soneva’s CEO and co-creative director.